Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan


The summer after I graduated college, Chris and I (with my parents) had the amazing opportunity to go to Japan. I was so excited to get to see my friends who were there, and to experience the culture from such an exotic place. I was mesmerized by what I saw---the constant contrast between ultra-modern technology and ancient rituals and beliefs; a beautiful land with wonderful people; a polite society that helped us at every opportunity... I think it's fair to say I fell in love with Japan at first sight.

One of my friends has updated her facebook profile to say that she and her family are alright. Mariko, Tomoe, Shiho, Ayano... You are all in my prayers. I am grieving with you.

Below are some of the pictures from that trip. Continue to lift Japan in your prayers... Like Mississippi after Katrina, recovery will not be overnight. But it will happen.

Chris and I at a Yokohama BayStars game.
A lake made by an ancient volcano eruption in Nikko.
What claims to be the world's busiest pedestrian intersection in Ginza district of Tokyo.
Chris and me in a bamboo garden in Kamakura.
The world's largest buddha statue in Kamakura.
My friend Ayano with Chris and me at a sushi restaurant in Tokyo.
Ayano and Shiho show me how to drink traditional Japanese green tea in Shibuya.

1 comment:

  1. With you in this...overwhelming catastrophe...sadness. God be with them and help us help them.

    ReplyDelete