Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No, Jack, It's Not Good-Bye




Today started out amazing. I watched Signing Day (which should be a federal holiday) play out, with Ole Miss kicking butt at football recruiting. I had a good day at work, great workout with my boot camp trainer... And then what happens?

My favorite band formally announces that they are disbanding. For those of you not familiar with the White Stripes, you need to run to the nearest library or go to Amazon and get some of their early stuff. One of the best bands of my generation.

I'm hoping that perhaps Jack White will go off on his own in a more blues and bluegrass inspired sound. In my opinion, the best thing about the movie Cold Mountain was Jack White's music.

I am just so glad that Chris and I were able to see them in concert before they disbanded. These are the pictures I took that night. Oh wow, it must have been four years ago now? Three? Thanks Mom for buying me the tickets for my birthday! Just another lesson on the importance of gaining life experiences when you can because you never know when the band will disband. Sad, sad. Jack and Meg, I will miss y'all's crazy cool sound. But thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment