
I don't watch Cupcake Wars, so y'all may have to help me out here. All I know is that there is a cupcake place in Orlando that has won once or twice. I think the episode was recently on air. It's a famous place around here.
As luck would have it, the Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly cupcake shop is in the same shopping center where my vanpool meets every day. You have no idea how much I wish I had not discovered that fact. Obviously I had to try it out. But why just sample? Chris and I decided to have a little "Cupcake Wars" of our own.
I made dark chocolate cream cheese cupcakes this past weekend and let Chris and some of our friends try them. Then on Monday, I went to Sweet by Holly to get a tasting sampler. Their mini-cupcakes are $1 on Mondays for Cupcake Mania.
Here is a list of the ones I bought: (1) Strawberry, (2) Key Lime, (3) S'mores, (4) Lemon, (5) Chocolate Pudding, (6) Dulce de Leche, (7) Boston Cream, (8) Peanut Butter, (9) High Hat, (10) Snowball, (11) Cookies & Cream, and (12) Chocolate Mint.
Next, we organized an "official" tasting. The mini-cupcakes are about two bites each. So we split each cupcake in half, and tasted a few each night for three nights. We compared each one to my dark chocolate cream cheese cupcake to see which one "won" the Cupcake Wars. Chris drank milk between each round to be fair. LOL. Here are the results:
Chocolate Mint: Holly won.
Peanut Butter: ME!
Chocolate Pudding: ME!
Lemon: Holly.
Cookies & Cream: It was a tie.
Boston Cream: ME!
Key Lime: Holly.
Strawberry: Holly.
S'mores: Holly.
High Hat:ME!
Snowball: Holly.
Dulce de Leche: Holly.
I think Chris let me win a little... haha. Seriously, Holly's cupcakes are incredibly good. And I hear that the full-size ones are even better, since she makes fewer of those (especially on Mondays, when dollar cupcake mania is CRAZY busy). And guess what? Holly's ships cupcakes nationwide now... How good of an influence am I?
And yes. This was an entire post about cupcakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment