Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My First 5K




Today I ran the Corporate 5K in downtown Orlando! I was not quite prepared for how many people there were... There were 15,000 of us that did the 5K. There were DJs, crowds cheering, protestors shouting to free Iran... Great times.

I'm not going to focus on my time. Because that doesn't matter. What matters is that I finished, and had a great time with my friend Heather. It feels nice to take part in a very Orlando-y activity and be healthy at the same time. The weather was wonderful. I was concerned, since it was in the upper 80s today, but there was a nice breeze by the time we started the run.

I loved our Mardi Gras tent! It made it much easier to find in the sea of white tents taking up downtown.

Goals: (1) Do more 5K's. Because it feels great! (2) Work on getting FASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment