Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Orlando Day Trip #1







My parents were in town this past weekend, which made me ecstatic for the following reasons:

1. My mom filled my freezer with homemade casseroles, biscuits, etc.
2. She brought me homemade pimento cheese from my aunt!
3. My parents took my car and had the oil changed, filters changed, and my dad cleaned and washed my car.
4. My mom cleaned my house. Jealous yet?
5. Dinner was waiting when I came home from work.
6. My mom did ALL of my laundry--and ironed, too.

Someone remind me again why I left the nest.

Okay, as if those aren't the BEST REASONS in the whole world, we also had a great time going on a little day trip from Orlando. We drove over to Mt. Dora, a little town about an hour's drive away. It's a quaint little town with a lot of antique stores--so obviously my mom was thrilled.

My parents spoiled me while they were here. I think Chris and I should move in with my parents. Indefinitely. This whole cooking for yourself and your husband and cleaning the house stuff is lame. Not to mention laundry and bills. Yup, I think we should move back into the nest.

1 comment: