Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Zombies Are the New Vampires

It's a known fact that I love zombies. Rather, I love the idea of zombies. Chris and I often plot our emergency strategies should a zombie-pocalypse, in fact, arise. Unfortunately, we live in Orlando, a big city in a densely populated state. So we're pretty much screwed should the undead rise up.

Last night I DVR'd Zombies: A Living History on History Channel. Is it strange that I am waiting for Friday night to curl up with Chris, popcorn, and maybe a bottle of wine to watch it?

The fact is, zombies are in right now. Everyone who is anyone knows that zombies are, most definitely, the new vampire. Vampires are on the way out. What is it with our culture that is fixated on the idea of surviving a zombie attack? Why do we fantasize about our chances of survival and fighting methods? Why do we read books such as the Zombie Survival Guide?

Friends, I have no answers. I can only commiserate with the author of this blog entry (written by a guy who worked as an extra on the Walking Dead): "Every time I hear a police siren wailing in the distance, some small corner of my mind jumps to “zombie apocalypse!”"




No comments:

Post a Comment