So, this year I am making a lot of my Christmas presents. Thanks to my new craft group and Pinterest, I have some fun ideas and so far my attempts have turned out well!
My theme for Christmas gifts this year was to try and be very personal with what I give. That's why I think making gifts is a wonderful idea... What better way to show someone that you love them so much you are creating something special for them and giving your time in the process?
In this day and age, most Americans find it easier to buy some expensive gadget and be done with it. But that is the antithesis of what Christmas is all about.
Below are some of the items I've come across that I think make great gifts this year and plan on gifting to those on my list.
1.

2.
This is so cute! And the same family-owned business has been making these for 80+ years. They are available at Brook Farm General Store online.

3. Help someone unleash their inner creative artist with Keri Smith's Guerilla Art Kit. Actually, anything by Keri Smith is sure to be a hit!
4. Handmade Gadget Covers from BagDuJour
4. Handmade Gadget Covers from BagDuJourI have loved the Ipad covers I have bought as gifts from BagDuJour. Very nicely made, and perfect for the fashionable techie.
5. Zazzle.com and Cafepress.com have fabulous Austen-inspired items for the Janeite on your list. I love this Team Darcy T-shirt from Zazzle (and you can choose from different colors and fits). 

7. Southern Foodways Alliance's Community Community Cookbook. I love love love this cookbook... It is as much about Southern heritage and the evolution of classic Southern dishes as it is about the fabulous recipes. 

8. Gift a fun experience through Groupon or Living Social! Or even a living social escape for someone really special.
9. Lemuria Books has signed copies of the Deluxe Gift edition of the Help! I am asking Mama Santa to bring me one for Christmas.
10. Bocce Sets. Is anything more fun than a game of Bocce with family and friends? I gave these last year, and my husband and I have loved our set! Perfect for having friends over or taking to the beach. These are a few of my favorite gift ideas! Anyone have a special find to add???



I want to read Unbroken!!
ReplyDelete