So, needless to say, it's been quite some time since I last posted. No excuses, people. But a lot has happened in the last few months!
1. The Baileys are no longer Floridians!
2. Chris is now the proud owner of the title "J.D."
3. I am now licensed in the state of Mississippi to practice law.
4. We celebrated our second wedding anniversary on June 5th!
While we had an amazing two years in Florida (three for Chris), we are extremely happy to be home. Central Florida has lots of positives that Mississippi will never have (almost constant sunshine and Ikea both spring to mind), but Mississippi will always be where our hearts are. Living in Florida was such a great way to start our marriage, and an adventure that I am so grateful to have had. We met great lifelong friends, and branched out of our comfort zones to have fun times and great experiences. But it is so nice to be home! I missed out on so many family events while we were gone, and I just don't think I can live twelve hours away from my parents ever again. Of course, give me the next two years of my marriage living near them and I definitely might change my mind. Just kidding, Susan!
For those of you who have moved, you are part of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of fellow survivors. For those of you who are planning on moving soon, my condolences. The drive in our Uhaul from Orlando to Jackson was the worst thirteen hours of my life. Not kidding. I came extremely close to jumping out of the U-haul and leaving all of my worldly possessions on I-10 and hitching a ride to Mississippi. Thank God Annabelle was on her best behavior. I think her acting up would have been the catalyst to making the plan of leaving my possessions on I-10 for scavengers a reality.
So here's to the next chapter in our lives... with the setting of Mississippi (for now).



No comments:
Post a Comment