Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Sunday, June 19, 2011

books, etc.

Some people are addicted to Facebook. Me, not so much (anymore). Now that I'm out of school, I really just don't enjoy facebook anymore. For me, my new addiction is Goodreads. For bookworms like me, it's amazing! I'm still not sure how I never knew about it.

Most authors are on there, and you can friend people and see what your friends are reading, recommend books to your friends, etc. You can also win books. So far I've won 4 advanced copies of books, one of which was by one of my favorite authors. Three of the books looked like normal books, but one was such an advanced copy that it still had a plain cover that said "Uncorrected Proof."

I would say that I'm getting old, hence my Goodreads addiction which sounds lame even to my own ears, but I will have you know that I spent several hours of my weekend watching an MTV original movie. Who knew there was such a thing? Yes, it was frightful. And the acting was terrible. But the fact that I set my DVR to record it shows that I'm still in my youth, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment