Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dear Santa...


I was writing my Christmas list to Santa yesterday (okay, an email to my mom, but that counts!) and I got a little sad. Remember how much fun it was to write letters to Santa? Oh, the decisions! I would spend weeks agonizing about what should make The List. Would the My Littlest Pet Shop zoo be pushing Santa too far? What about the American Girl Doll outfits? I remember being afraid that if I pushed it, Santa would retaliate and not bring me anything. Thus the careful triage system about The List.

It's just not as much fun now... Instead of paint sets and my littlest pet shops, I'm asking for...well... BORING stuff. Here's my list:

a Kindle
a FitBit (these things look AWESOME)
Pride and Prejudice DVD (Colin Firth edition)
Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook
a coral statement necklace
monogrammed stationary (with my new name!)

Do you ever wonder how the legend of Santa Claus got started? Check out this great short video about the history of Santa (and why we hang stockings over the fireplace!)!!!

1 comment:

  1. I also recall that your LIST always included a very hard item for Santa to secure, and required many hours of elf work... such as the Davey Crockett outfit (complete with coon-skin cap) that you so wanted on your fouth Christmas, or "Apple Tree Christmas" ,a book totally out of print, on your sixth Christmas). As you have matured, you still want rather odd presents, but it is still so fun to see which ones Santa can capture for you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete