Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eggnog Cookies

Have some leftover eggnog? These are fabulous eggnog cookies! I made them the other day for the people at work. I did not do the glaze, though. I just sprinkled them with nutmeg. What can I say, I was in a hurry. I love making cookies at Christmas. For some reason, there is no guilt at all associated with baking and eating rich cookies when it's around Christmas! Or maybe that's just me?

Cookies:

1 1/3 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup
eggnog
2 teaspoons dark rum
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt


Frosting:

4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons rum
4-6 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
3-4 tablespoons nutmeg flavored eggnog (or a pinch of nutmeg mixed well with eggnog)


Combine all ingredients for cookies in the order listed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.


Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. The dough may be a little sticky. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for about 12 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.


To frost, combine ingredients for frosting. Frost, then sprinkle lightly with nutmeg before frosting sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment