Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Culinary Reverse Engineering At Its Finest



Thanks to Daily Cheap Reads, I was able to snag this book on Monday while it was free for a few hours. Unfortunately it reverted to full price pretty quickly.

I am so excited about trying out some of the recipes! This guy has a TV show on CMT, and from what I can tell, he basically reverse engineers popular foods such as the bloomin' onion appetizer at Outback, P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps, and Cheesecake Factory's cheesecake and provides the recipes for all of us home cooks to try. This book has hundreds of those kinds of recipes.

As he points out in the book, this allows home cooks to enjoy restaurant favorites while controlling the quality of ingredients and the cost. Most of them, like the orange chicken from Panda Express, look really easy to make. I can't wait to try a lot of them out! I will update with any successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment