

My maternal grandparents are the couple on the far right. I absolutely love this photo, because so many photos of the day were posed, and this is just a quick snapshot with so much going on in the background.
I took the photo and cardboard photo holder and had it custom framed. I cannot wait to get it back and hang it in my house! I love unique displays of heritage like this in my home. It would be a shame to hide something like this and allow it to continue deteriorating.
I'm guilty of assuming that my parents and grandparents lived fairly boring lives. But this photo shows that my grandparents knew how to party! I mean, look at the table contents: money, drinks, cigarettes, a deck of cards... And geez, look where my granny's hand is! I'm assuming this photo was taken either soon after my grandfather returned from the Pacific during WWII, or perhaps he had leave at one point? I'm glad this little slice of history will be preserved for my children, one day, so that they will see their great-grandparents as real people who knew how to have a good time.
I LOVE the photo!!!
ReplyDelete