Bringing Culture to Central Florida One "Y'all" At A Time

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Women Have Spoken. Darcy Wins.

I wore my pink "Dibs on Darcy but you can have Wickham" T-shirt to Starbucks tonight while I worked on some motions for my pro bono case, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many people loved it and made comments about it. To be honest, I thought most people wouldn't get it and the ones who did would think I'm super lame. Chris bought me this T-shirt for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Any day when I think about Jane Austen a lot is a good day.

After watching primary election news coverage tonight, I can't help but wonder. What sort of president would Darcy have made? It is doubtful he would make it past the first round of primaries. We love him, but the man is not blessed with charisma!

If there was a primary election for judging the most superior species of male, Darcy would win, hands down. Women around the world have spoken for the past two hundred years. Darcy it is.

What is it about him that women love so much? I find myself believing he is the quintessential perfect man. But if I was married to him I think I would hate him. He's paternalistic, reserved, formal, judgmental, and socially rigid. But the man can spout some very pretty lines. "You have bewitched me, mind, body, and soul." I mean, come on... I'm pretty sure that line would work on most women every time, regardless of the man uttering it. And he is willing to admit mistakes, face rejection a second time, and go to great lengths for his friends. Take his good qualities and throw in some twenty-first century views towards women and we have a winner, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment