
"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.”—Oscar Wilde
I've always enjoyed journaling. But somehow all of the blank pages can seem intimidating, and make me think I have to write long, thoughtful entries. Thus, I inevitably end up going long periods of time without journaling. This year, Santa brought me a Jane Austen five-year journal. Every day you jot down four lines worth of thoughts. Now that is something I can do! I love the fact that it alleviates any self-imposed pressure to write a lot, and allows me to share a short reflection. And I like that, for example, 5 years of January 11 entries are on the same page. So it will be interesting next year to see what I wrote! Apparently there is a plethora of five and ten year journals to choose from. I would encourage anyone who likes the idea of recording thoughts, but lacks the discipline to journal regularly in a traditional journal, to check one out.
As for my Jane Austen journal... Who wouldn't love five years worth of Jane Austen witticisms?
That is so cool!!!
ReplyDelete